Reservations & Policies
To Make Your Reservation:
- Complete the secure online Reservation Request form.
- Call 218-245-1470 or 800-542-1470
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prices subject to change without notice.
- All cabin rentals are subject to 6.875% state sales tax and 3% local lodging fee.
- Cabins: 50% of the base cabin rental is required to reserve a cabin.
- Boats & Pontoons: 50% of the rental is required to reserve a boat/motor and/or pontoon.
- Deposits are NOT transferable to any other cabin or any other dates.
Deposits sent by mail must be received within 5 business days. If your deposit is not received within 5 business days from the date your reservation was made, your reservation will automatically be cancelled. Your reservation will not be confirmed until all deposits are received. Once your deposit is received, a confirmation will be emailed to you. The remainder of your rental balance is due upon arrival.
We understand that things come up and guests must cancel their vacation for various reasons. Please note that your deposit is non-refundable but we will try our very best to re-book your cabin. If we can re-book the cabin at full price for the same dates as your reservation, we will refund your deposit minus a $50 cancellation fee. If we are unable to re-book your cabin no deposit refund will be given.
- No cancellations or credit given due to inclement weather. This includes cabins AND boats and/or pontoon.
Many of our cabins are booked for the same summer week by the same family year after year. However, life happens and sometimes a situation arises were the family has to give up their week. So if you are interested in a cabin for a certain week, please ask to be put on the waiting list for that cabin so you can get first chance at it.
- Summer weeks (June thru August) run from Saturday to Saturday.
- June – Aug reservations require a 3 night minimum stay and must arrive on Saturday or depart on Saturday.
- Sept-May reservations require a 2 night minimum stay, excluding holiday weekends which require a 3 night minimum stay.
- Resort Holidays: New Years, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, MEA weekend in October, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
- Check in is after 3:00 pm
- Check out is before 9:00 am
- Please notify us if you will be arriving after lodge hours (9:00 pm)
- NO early arrivals or late departures. Please! It takes time to properly clean your cabin. Early arrivals and late departures will be charged 1/2 the daily cabin rate!
- Additional people over the base occupancy are $30/person/night or $165/person/week.
- State law requires that all guests and visitors be registered at the office upon arrival.
- DAY GUESTS – $30/person/day
Loon Point Resort is a private facility maintained entirely for the use of our registered paying guests. Day Visitors, with prior notice and approval, must register upon arrival and will be charged our extra persons fee of $30.00 per person per day based on cabin occupancy. Please inform your visitors of resort policies, as they apply to everyone on resort property. Loon Point Resort reserves the right to limit visitors based on the Resort’s occupancy.
Credit Card Policy: Credit card information is required regardless of the method of payment used for your deposit, to secure any damage, excessive cleaning, cancellation or other unresolved charges. We reserve the right to charge your credit card for any damage or extensive cleaning caused during your stay.
You are responsible for the full length of your reserved stay. No credit given for late arrival or early departure.
- PETS – We DO NOT allow pets, no exceptions!! Please respect that!
- House Keeping Cabins – All of our cabins are “house keeping” cabins which means you are renting the cabins and agreeing to “keep house”. This means; dishes must be washed and dried, floors swept/vacuumed and garbage removed. If these minimum “house keeping” chores are not completed, you will be charged an additional fee.
- All of our cabins are NON-SMOKING – this includes the lodge. Please respect others by not smoking in the beach area.
- PARTY – if you are looking for a place to party and booze it up – we are NOT the place for you. We are strictly a quiet family resort.
- For the consideration of our guests we do not allow jet skis, fireworks, drones or camping. ATV’s are allowed with advance notice and must adhere to resort policies.
- No Firearms, Pellet Guns, BB Guns, or Soft Air Guns are allowed at the resort. Hunting Firearms are permitted during hunting season.
- Missing or Lost items: Loon Point Resort is not responsible for any lost, forgotten or stolen items. If forgotten items are located and requested to be mailed to the owner there is a minimum service fee plus cost of shipping the recipient will be responsible for.
SPECIALS & LAST MINUTE HOT DEALS
LAST MINUTE HOT DEALS can be found under the ‘Cabins & Rates’ page.
Summer mini-vacation: Can’t stay a whole week this summer? Take a mini-vacation! Check in on Saturday and depart on Tuesday or Wednesday OR check in on Tuesday or Wednesday and check out on Saturday.
Memorial Weekend Special: Stay 2 days get 1 free!!!
Labor Day Week & Weekend Hot Deal: Get 2 nights FREE!! Stay the week before Labor Day weekend and get 2 days free. Check in Saturday, Aug 26 and check out Monday, Sept 4.
Give the gift of a get-away! Do you need to buy a gift but don’t know what to give? How about a gift certificate towards a relaxing get-away? Who doesn’t enjoy the opportunity to escape from their busy lives and disconnect?
Gift certificates can be purchased by phone 218-245-1470 or by completing the secure online Gift Certificate Order Form.